Side Scan systems
TNK Engineering can install side scan detection system- this is mandatory on some sites and is a requirement under the Direct Vision Standard enforcement for Greater London.
Essentially, a side scan system works when an object or person is amongst the nearside of the vehicle in the drivers blind spot. A visual and audible alert goes off in the cab as the vehicle turns left, alerting the driver to the hazard. This system can be coupled to a discreet nearside camera made visible on a monitor to give the driver the best possible vision of what is going on around them.
These are particularly useful in cities with many cyclists and pedestrians.
Mobile Data Recorders (MDR)
We can install recording devices for vehicle monitoring, tracking and security
By recording footage from vehicle mounted cameras, mobile digital recording provides an accurate witness, giving irrefutable evidence in the case of false claims, crash for cash incidents or vandalism. Disproving these claims means companies can make major cost savings, whilst importantly supporting their drivers, who are often the subject of increased scrutiny.
- False claim prevention
- Protection for drivers who may be wrongly accused
- Provides irrefutable evidence in the case of accidents and legal proceedings
- Useful in reducing shrinkage and catching perpetrators
- Driver training and best practice
- Peace of mind for passengers and drivers
- Forward facing witness cameras
We install reversing cameras on small to large commercial vehicles, motorhomes, horseboxes and vehicles towing trailers
A reversing camera is a special type of video camera that is specifically for the purpose of being attached to the rear of a vehicle to assist in reversing. Reversing cameras are alternatively known as ‘rear view cameras’ as the are installed for the same purpose as a rear view mirror.
Reversing cameras are commonly installed on vehicles that have poor vision out the rear such as large commercial vehicles, motorhomes, horseboxes and vehicles towing trailers.
Reversing cameras are available in different varieties such as:
- Cameras for large vehicles such as trucks and motorhomes – the camera system has built-in servomechanisms to allow the driver to remotely pan and tilt the camera for advanced vision behind the vehicle.
- Cameras with built-in audio intercoms for communicating with sombody outside the vehicle – common when reversing large vehicles or launching boats.
- Night vision cameras with a series of infrared lights for reversing in the dark. Ideal for when the vehicle’s white reverse lights are insufficient for this purpose.
- Portable camera systems are available for smaller vehicles which don’t have displays permanently installed in the dash. These systems consist of a small portable screen that hangs from the sun visor, and a cable running to the rear of the vehicle
TNK Engineering installs, services and repairs all vehicle heaters and Eberspächer climate control systems
As authorised service agents for Eberspächer, TNK Engineering have been installing, servicing and repairing Eberspächer heaters to the highest standards for over 10 years. We are certified to work on all Eberspächer airtronic air heaters and hydronic water heaters on all vehicle types from ambulances to food trucks. Airtronic and hydronic heaters are two heater technologies that Eberspächer offers and cover a wide range of different areas of application.
Our services and plans can be tailored to suit your requirements – whether you need a one-off repair or regular maintenance of an entire fleet of vehicles.
As well as TNK Engineering’s current clientele of catering vehicles, ambulances and corporate fleets we have also installed Eberspächer heaters on coaches, motorhomes, yachts and military vehicles.